What are your favorite fall time activities? Here are 25 ideas to inspire you.
1. Watching the leaves change color
2. The chill in the air
3. Drinking hot cocoa
4. Getting ready for the holidays
5. Making homemade soup
6. Beginning to cook holiday foods
7. Spending time outdoors: fishing, hunting or hiking
8. Wearing big sweaters
9. Listening to the sound of rain on my roof
10. Lighting seasonal candles
11. Baking pies
12. Having cinnamon apple food/drinks
13. Making pumpkin pie
14. Having pumpkin spice food/drinks
15. Drinking hot apple cider
16. Carving pumpkins
17. Wearing chunky socks and boots
18. Stepping on crunchy leaves
19. Wearing plaid/flannels
20. Baking pumpkin bread
21. Doing seasonal crafts with a child
22. Watching geese migrations
23. Listening to music
24. Watching hummingbirds at the feeder
25. Fall time gardening
The aspens in my yard are decked out in golden orange leaves. Temperatures are mild, yet it's warm enough to be outside and do something. Anything (other than sitting at my desk) sounds better to me right now. The daily pattern of life has become a little monotonous.
A break from routine is a wonderful idea! I'm going to pick something from the Fall Pleasures List and bust out of boredom.
I'm not sure how wearing flannel will help, but I think I'll give it a try, as I sip on hot tea and make pumpkin pie with classical music playing in the background.
What are you doing to end monotony? Autumn goes out of her way to invite us to engage with this beautiful time of year.